20.12.07

Playing Catch Up

Wow, I feel obliged to say that it's "been a while," indeed.
Traditional organization hasn't been my forte as of late.

I'm working on getting my web site set up proper, but until then, I'll continue on here.
I showed a short video piece at the Lightworks (student) Film Festival last weekend, and once I compress it I'll post it here. It reminded me how much I really, really enjoy sound design for visuals.

I had a tough semester and now I'm glad to have a little time for things like reading (currently: A Year With Swollen Appendices, Brian Eno' Diary), listening to music with my full attention, with other people (note: replace all TV watching with this activity), staring at paint peeling patterns on ceilings, etc.

For once I'm not too saddened by the short length of our winter break between semesters. One, I'm more sickened than ever by rampant consumerism. And, classes are tough but they keep my mind occupied. I'm finally starting to feel creative again, and I'd rather work on projects than dwell on the difficulties of the past year.

Everyone self-medicates somehow, right? Drugs, alcohol, food, television, mass media, popularity, "evangelism"...

Detroit was named the most dangerous city this year, and has the nation's highest poverty rate.
Half an hour away and insulated by academia for four more months, I'll keep hoping I'll somehow be saved from mind-numbing work and extreme money troubles. Hmm.

Peace.

No comments: